Want to volunteer ?
Volunteers are the most important resource community organizations have. The ability of people to work willingly together for the betterment of their community and themselves is a valuable resource. The image of the volunteer has changed over time.
So, you want to Volunteer?
Volunteering is a great way to connect with your community, explore career options, share your passion with others and create change in the world.
Volunteering with us..?
Of course we wouldn’t run so many successful units without the help and dedication of our many volunteers. We are always happy to welcome new volunteers into the many roles that Guiding has to offer. Through volunteering you can open up a world of fun and friendship, not to mention gain new skills.
As a volunteer, we are looking for someone who:
- Are organised, have enthusiasm, creative thinking and the ability to encourage others to try new activities
- Are experienced in working with groups of people
We ask all our volunteers to:
- Be a caring and enthusiastic person who is able to build relationships with a wide range of people
- Be open-minded and tolerant of different lifestyle and values
- Be reliable and able to work within personal and organizational boundaries
- Have a warm, friendly, adaptable and caring approach
- Be reliable, responsible and punctual for your volunteer duty or shift
- Communicate and accept guidance from the Volunteer Coordinator or supervisor